Tabs

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Favorite Things in My Life Right Now

My top favorite things right now!
 (in pretty close to right order, some might be harder to judge their favorite-ness than others)






WHOLE FOODS!
 I love going there, and this coming from a girl who HATES grocery shopping... They have wonderful values there and such helpful people...the only downside is the expensive prices...but it is still a much better experience than shopping at other places that just always seem to STRESS me out!













Blended Coffee Drinks ...Omnomnom
We have cheated on our beloved Caribou by going to the Monopolized Starbucks but that was before we explored the clubhouse of our new apt/Townhome complex.
It's a good thing the new place we moved into has an espresso machine, we are making cafe mochas, mocha lattes and super espresso drinks like crazy lately, otherwise we would be breaking the bank trying to support our blended and cool coffee obsession!




IKEA:
Omg. YES. if you have never gone to a ginormous Ikea, you are in for an adventure. Leave your purses at home ladies, but bring your money (and your mans money too lol, ok you can bring him also) and a camera, as this giant home of rooms are like walking into an HGTV show: design style for every taste and prices that work with any budget. We live incredibly close to an IKEA now and I hope we can go every day, especially to check out what is number 8 on my list.



The AS-IS bin at IKEA:
Being the frugal bargain shopper that I am, and was raised to be, I am very much in love with the "as is" section of Ikea. Now when you hear "As is" you are probably picturing furniture beat to hell and falling apart, this is only the case and a few items. If you take a stroll in this section and can get past the abused furniture you will find amazing pieces at great discounted rates. We got a NICE bookshelf thing that matches our whole bedroom set for almost 50% off!!! Best part: this fully assembled piece didn't have a scratch or a nick anywhere on it's gorgeous body. Most of the items in here have just had their box broken a bit and since you get your favorite IKEA items while they are still in a box, these are the pieces that people pass up. So the nice guys assemble them, put them in the AS IS section and slap a super reduced price on your favorite pieces! BOOM! You have what you wanted for a discounted price AND all the labor is already finished, just take home and enjoy! Wow I probably sound like I work for IKEA but I in no way am employed by IKEA nor do I receive a compensation for the great things I have to say :)
 

Penguins!
Yes, random, we went from IKEA to penguins but that is what my blog is about, kinda random but whatevs! I recently got to see these adorable waddling animals up close and personal for my birthday at the Newport Aquarium. They are so cute and so sociable and they mate for life, how sweet. They are one of the few monogamous animals out there! Also to tie in with penguins, is Christina Perri's song "Penguin" (CLICK TO HEAR/watch on youtube) which is super adorable and those who do not know penguins are monogamous do not get her love song reference, but now you all you! You just learned something new, hopefully, and if you already new that then you are one smart cookie, props to you!



The 1968 Pontiac Firebird (CONVERTIBLE!)
If you like American Muscle cars even a little bit, you will melt at the sound of this hot solar red, convertible rawring machine! Waggleton and I were in it for our wedding day and she recently won 1st runner up at a car show because she is so loved by other car lovers and patrons alike. Today, hubband and I had the pleasure of taking her around the town today, and I was once again reminded by how much I love that car! Raawwwrrrrrrr!


Up Nort {der hey}

Yes, I am originally a Minnesotan so I can make fun of the up nort dialect :) .
This weekend we attended a wedding in the far north of the Midwest and I forgot how much I am entranced by the beauty of it all. The smell of the fresh, clean air that wears you out after a long day, the gorgeously stunning lake views, the cool breeze that rustles through the forrest up there is breathtaking. Around this time we usually go on our annual canoe trip way up nort but this year it has been postponed/cancelled, so I was glad that we at least got up for the weekend, even if we stayed in a hotel instead of under the Northern Sky :) Also arou d this time of year we head up to Lutsen Mountain, MN with hubband's boss & family, but not this year and I miss it so much (see husband CRASH fully recorded as he plummets down the Alpine Slide on Lutsen Mountain, click here to see his whole video!). Anyway, if you live in the city and never leave, I highly urge you to experience it, even if you are not the "outdoorsy" type, you can still bring the little comforts of home and "rough it in style"! No worries :)




Ps: btw I don't own all these pics

No comments:

Post a Comment